Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Liz's Reflection

The apartheid in South Africa to me is so important because it shows and outlines that in history those who are different from each other are treated as such in that way. The people in South Africa were separated from each other because of the color of there skin and the family in which they were born into. Why? Is it so, to punish an innocent because of the color or family they were born into because of a rule or a person’s personal interests or ideas. Why must people see how they choose to see and not think of others around them? We live in a world that has been fighting against one another since the beginning of creation. From caveman to people, from people to emperors, From Emperors to kings and from kings to madmen. Our world has been lead by people who have fought with bloodshed and hatred toward a race or a group of people who have tried and fought for a DIFFERENCE.

In the time of the apartheid in South Africa it was no different; they fought for freedom and endured the humiliation, pain and mistreatment that the white’s inflicted upon them. They went through punishment for crimes that they did not commit. They were treated and handled as slaves and paid as so to. They were the ones who in the end lost more then anything the whites could have ever lost, but the one thing that they gained above everything else was a lifetime of freedom.

This event in history made me reflect on everything that I have learned this year in history. The events from the fall of Rome and Europe, to the death and sickness of the plague, to the marching of WW1 and the bloodshed of WW2, these plagues and battles to me were fought with misunderstanding and the search for power. The event that will remain with me forever will be the holocaust, not for the types of punishment that the Jews had to endure but the pain that crosses my mind at the thought of the amount of pain and suffering that they had to withstand. These events are so much connected to one another because of the fighting between the differences of races, an idea’s of a group of people and the madness and power that one person wanted to seek. I will forever remember what I have learned this year and the events I learned about.

The Apartheid in South Africa to me means so much because the pain and the idea’s that these two different races had to endure and set forth from one another. These races were too apart to realize the damage that they were causing to the ones they should have been embracing as friends. The blacks and whites

1 comment:

Serenity said...

SORRY!!!
I was in a rush and had to publish what I had so far! So Please see the reast of my finished post and please leave comments with questions for me!

-Liz D